January 30, 2013

there's no place like home

There's no place like home, but I don't have a home anymore. I have an apartment in the city and my mom still lives in the house that I grew up in, but I don't have a home. I'm sitting in my boyfriends apartment with one dog on my lap and the other laying next to me, trying to relax, but this place is not my home. There is no familiarity, no comfort, or time to be myself.

It's like I've been living out of a suitcase for the last few years. I can't seem to unpack my things and build a space for myself. I live as though I'm in someone else's home, tiptoeing around, being polite, and staying out of the way. I am waiting for this vacation to be over. I want to go home.

2 comments:

  1. Aww! I still have a cardboard box of "stuff" in my room, too and it's been 3 years! Maybe it won't feel like home until we're moved in with partners and actually own the place!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's right, you do haha!

      Yea it's so weird because I never felt like this in college. I think it's because I know my apartment is temporary and same with my moms house so I just don't feel like I can really dig my roots anywhere.

      Maybe I need to buy a house :)

      Delete