January 15, 2013

I won, let's get some shoes!

Ever since I was in college I have always tried my best to live within my means, and not spend too much on things like food or clothes. The problem is, this is really really hard for me. I love food and clothes and on top of that I am an emotional shopper/eater so sometimes I completely let myself go. 

One solution to overspending on clothes and food is to sign up for every giveaway I hear of. I can't even tell you how many things I have won over the years. Most of the prizes are small like a free Subway sandwich, but occasionally I will win something awesome- like a gift card to a high end shoe store in San Francisco, which is what I won last month!

I've been in dire need of cute flats for work but have really been trying to stick to my budget to reach my financial goals for 2013. However this weekend, I bought two pairs of shoes and only spent $37.00!



First, I went to Target with the BF and saw these shoes. I liked them in blue the best but they only had my size in the green and since emerald is the color of 2013 I figured they would be a good choice. While I was checking out, I noticed they were on clearance for $7. It was fate!

Next, I used the gift card that I won to buy a pair of Brian Atwood flats that were originally $250 but I only had to pay $30 because they were on sale and I used my gift card. Needless to say, I was so excited to have two new pairs of cute flats and only spend about 40 dollars.

Have you ever won something?

No comments:

Post a Comment