October 25, 2010

What I Wore: Chicago Tradeshow

I love dressing up for work! After graduating college I wanted to go out and buy a bunch of work clothes, but fortunately my mom told me to wait. I was hired by my company a week after I graduated and was literally one of three women employed there (that's right, the rest of the 35ish people were ALL MEN...boo!) so when I asked my boss what the dress requirements were for work, I could understand why he laughed and said no one had ever asked him that questions before :)

Anyway, I was semi-disappointed to hear that the dress code was very casual, jeans and t-shirts are the regular attire. However, I switched from sales to marketing about a year into working for my company and now I get to travel and attend professional events...meaning FINALLY dressing up for work- yay! One of my favorite things to do is adding personal style to the traditional business casual/suit-wear: 

Suit Jacket: Express, graduation gift after college
Tank: LOFT, on sale for about $7.00
Skirt w/Belt: JC Penney, on sale for about $20.00
Tights: Costco (they have the best micro-fiber tights!)
Shoes: Nine West, $79.00

No comments:

Post a Comment