April 8, 2013

loving where you live

source
source


source
source
source
source
source
source 
source












For years I haven't felt like I have had a place to call my own. I think part of the reason is because I've moved almost every year from the time I was 18 until now. I like my apartment but I don't feel comfortable enough to call it my home. In the back of my head I still feel like this is a temporary place and I am not staying much longer...except I probably am. I would love to move out and find my own place but I can't afford to move with the ridiculously high rents in San Francisco.

Even though it's not part of my plan, I want to start appreciating what I have and learn to enjoy my current "home". Part of this is just my mindset but I think purchasing a few small items and redecorating will really help. A lot of my room decor is hand-me-downs which was great when I first moved but I would like to start updating my room to be more of a reflection of who I am.

I'm thinking a lot of white and bright colors with a mix of vintage and modern. I want my room to feel bright and fresh and cozy. I purchased this comforter a while back and I am loving the pieces above.

Do you have any tips on how to make the place your living in feel more like your home?

1 comment:

  1. So cute! I totally feel ya on how important it is to feel like you're home. Everything you picked out looks so cozy. Can't wait to see it next time!

    ReplyDelete