February 27, 2013

thoughts on weddings

source
I have been thinking a lot about weddings lately.

In the next year I will be attending 3 weddings and I will be the maid of honor in one. It is such a blessing that I know three different couples who love me enough to include me in their day of celebration. I am looking forward to the wedding and bridal showers, the bachelorette parties, the dressing up and eating delicious food. However, a lot of my time and a lot of my money is going to be put towards weddings over the next year. I understand this is how it is and I truly don't mind supporting my friends and family, but it has got me thinking a lot about weddings, and about what I might want for myself.

I don't want a traditional wedding. Yes, I want the white dress and I want my friends and family to celebrate my big day with me but that's it. I'm not knocking traditional weddings at all, I'm just saying that it's not something that interests me at this time in my life. Maybe it's because I have gotten older and the little kid dream wedding doesn't seem as important to me, or if it's because of my parents divorce, but I feel like I would want the focus to be less on "all the things you are supposed to do" for a wedding and more on family, friends, love, and a giant party. I do want that white dress though :)

source
source






















So I am curious readers, have any of you eloped? Are you glad you did it? How about those who had a traditional wedding? Do you wish you would have done it differently?

No comments:

Post a Comment