December 18, 2012

soul mates

Do you believe in soul mates? I know this may seem like a silly question but it's something that I have been thinking about a lot lately. I used to think that everyone had a soul mate and that nothing would stop two people from being together, but as I grow older (and maybe more cynical?) I am not so sure this is true anymore.

Do I believe in soul mates? Yes, I still very much do- but I don't think we always end up with our soul mates. Life gets messy and we make poor decisions and people move on...things don't always work out the way we plan. I think you can be in love with someone, but it doesn't make them your soul mate. I think a soul mate is someone you think about each and every day, even though you haven't seen them in months, even years. A soul mate is someone you connect with on such a level that you don't even have to think, you can just be. You are your complete self around this person because they already know who you are.

I consider myself lucky to have met such a person. I don't know if everyone gets this opportunity.


No comments:

Post a Comment